2011 SCHOLARSHIPS FOR STAFF TO ATTEND CONFERENCES ON SOCIAL INCLUSION
The Social Inclusion Unit and the Institute for Teaching and Learning are offering twenty scholarships of $1000 to support academic staff and ten scholarships of $1000 to support general staff in attending conferences on social inclusion.
THE SOCIAL INCLUSION UNIT AND THE INSTITUTE FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING ARE INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING FUTURE CHAMPIONS OF SOCIAL INCLUSION PROGRAMS AT THE UNIVERSITY
The University is committed to increasing the participation of students of promise from low socio-economic backgrounds, regional and remote areas and Indigenous students; building our research agenda on social inclusion/exclusion and supporting the development of teaching and learning activities that support student engagement.
There are four upcoming higher education and social inclusion conferences. The Social Inclusion Unit, working with the Institute for Teaching and Learning, has twenty scholarships of $1000 available to support the attendance of academic staff and ten scholarships of $1000 available to support the attendance of general staff who are interested in becoming leaders of socially inclusive programs, initiatives and teaching.
Expressions of interest
Expressions of interest from academic and general staff who are interested in attending one of the social inclusion conferences are now open. Applicants should address the issues below and include an email/letter from your manager or supervisor indicating their support for your attendance. Staff will be responsible for arranging for their department to cover any further costs beyond the support offered by the Social Inclusion Unit.
Successful applicants will also be required to:
- Attend a short pre-conference briefing on the University's current and proposed social inclusion initiatives, date to be advised.
- Attend post conference discussion (up to 2 hours) with the Social Inclusion Unit and Institute for Teaching and Learning staff to report back and discuss your learnings, interesting initiatives and what you see as the key obstacles/challenges and opportunities.
- Working with colleagues from the Social Inclusion Unit and Institute for Teaching and Learning to disseminate ideas and learning from the conference with colleagues in their faculty and school.
Expressions of Interest must include:
- Academic or general staff
- Your role in the faculty/school and how you will influence or facilitate change in practices and/or teaching for social inclusion
- Conference that you would like to attend
- What you are hoping to take away from the conference
- How you will disseminate ideas and learnings from the conference to your faculty/school
- Arrangements to cover any additional costs
- Manager's approval for your attendance.
Expressions of interest (1-2 pages maximum) should be returned to email@example.com by close of business Friday 10 June 2011.
For more information contact
Director Social Inclusion
T +61 2 8627 8515
Associate Professor Simon Barrie
Director Institute for Teaching and Learning
T +61 2 9351 5814