The World of Teaching and Learning
The ITL hosts seminars by visiting academics and experts in university teaching and learning. These seminars are open to all members of the University community and are advertised in the monthly Teaching@Sydney eBulletin in the first week of each month. If you have a visitor to the University you would like us to host an ITL seminar for, please contact the ITL.
Awards for innovative higher education pedagogies enhancing learning and employability
QS, Quacquarelli Symonds, publisher of the QS World University Rankings, in partnership with The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania’s SEI Center for Advanced Studies in Management is launching the first global awards for innovative higher education pedagogies enhancing learning and employability.
The deadline is 26th September 2014.
To find more information and to apply – or to nominate a program that you deem should be considered for these awards – please visit www.reimagine-education.com
The awards cover:
- Overall winner: The world's most innovative pedagogy to enhance student learning and/or employability
- e-learning Innovation: The most innovative online pedagogy to enhance student learning
- Blended Learning Innovation: The most innovative blended pedagogy to enhance student learning
- Presence Learning Innovation: The most innovative classroom-based pedagogy to enhance student learning
- Best Teaching Delivery: The best approach resulting in outstanding student satisfaction and/or enhanced learning outcomes
- Enterprise: The Award is for businesses whose technology can be shown to deliver substantially improved higher education, in terms of teaching and learning or of improved employability
- Lifetime achievement: Will be bestowed to an outstanding, long-term practitioner of high-technology learning, who will present to a plenary session
- Nurturing Employability: The most innovative programs for nurturing the employability of students in one of the following categories: MBA & Executive Education, Arts & Humanities, Engineering & Technology, Life Sciences, Natural Sciences
- Regional Awards: The best submissions/contributions from regions, including the Australian and New Zealand region
If you are planning to apply, please contact Alison Kuiper with any questions.
Key higher education teaching and learning conferences.
Higher Education Associations
Office For Leaning and Teaching
Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia
Australian Association for Research in Education
Staff and Educational Development Association (UK)
Association for the Study of Higher Education (USA)
Society for Research in Higher Education (UK)
(European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction)
International Consortium for Educational Development
International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
List of higher education journals
Listed below are a selection of higher education journals with links to publishers.
- Academic Exchange Quarterly
- Active Learning in Higher Education
- Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education
- Assessment in Education: Principles, Policy and Practice
- Higher Education Quarterly
- Higher Education Research and Development
- Innovations and Education Teaching International
- Innovative Higher Education
- International Journal for Academic Development
- Journal of Further and Higher Education
- Journal of Higher Education
- Quality in Higher Education
- Reflective Practice
- Research in Higher Education
- Studies in Higher Education
- Teaching in Higher Education
- The Journal of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
A list of disciplinary-specific journals has been developed at the Deliberations website which uses the subject groupings developed by the Higher Education Academy (formerly Learning and Teaching Support Network), UK.
A more comprehensive list of Journals that Publish the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning and Address General Issues in Higher Education has been prepared by CETL at Kennesaw State University.
We have listed below further journals not listed on either website.
We welcome feedback and your suggestions for additional journal publications - email here.
Australia's higher education and training newspaper, with sections including: news briefs, job market, campus diary, special reports, internet guide, travel features.
Times Higher Education Supplement
This is the newspaper for everyone involved in higher education research and training in the UK.
Chronicle of Higher Education
The number one news source for college and university faculty and administrators in the USA.
Policy and policy papers
TEQSA - Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency
The Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) is Australia’s regulatory and quality agency for higher education. TEQSA’s primary aim is to ensure that students receive a high quality education at any Australian higher education provider.
The Australian Government Department of Education
The Australian Government Department of Education is responsible for national policies and programmes that help Australians access quality and affordable child care; early childhood education, school education, post-school, higher education, international education and academic research.