Need to fund your great idea? Apply for a teaching and learning grant
If you have a great idea to enhance teaching and learning or broaden participation, consider submitting a grant application in July and coming to a preparatory workshop in June.
Last year, Widening Participation grants were awarded by this University to projects designed to attract promising students from a variety of backgrounds and to provide an inclusive and diverse learning environment. In 2012, up to $220,000 is available for Flagship projects (2 projects of up to $50,000 each), Implementation projects (5 projects of up to $20,000 each) and, for some 2011 projects, Dissemination funds.
Applications are due by 5 pm Friday 27th July. For further information about these internal grants, which are managed jointly by the Social Inclusion Unit and the Institute for Teaching and Learning, click here.
Externally, the Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) is calling for a second round of grant applications for 2012. One grant category is Innovation and Development, which includes the following priorities:
- Curriculum renewal
- Improving tertiary pathways
- Innovation and development in learning and teaching, including in relation to the role of new technologies
- Research and development.
The other main OLT grant category is Leadership for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, which has the following priorities:
- Institutional leadership to enhance learning and teaching through leadership capacity-building at the institutional level
- Disciplinary and cross-disciplinary leadership to enhance learning and teaching through leadership capacity-building in discipline structures, communities of practice and cross-disciplinary networks
- Consolidating leadership by building on the outcomes of projects funded in earlier years under the Leadership for Excellence in Learning and Teaching Program.
Applications for the OLT grants are due internally by 5 pm Friday 27th July. For further information, click here.
Workshop for grant applicants
If you are thinking of applying for either a Widening Participation grant or an OLT grant, please come to a workshop on Wednesday 13th June 2-3pm in Carslaw 354. Workshop participants will learn about key features of successful grants and will have an opportunity to discuss their potential projects with colleagues and the workshop facilitators.[close]
If you have a great idea to enhance teaching and learning or broaden participation, consider submitting a grant application in July and coming to a preparatory workshop in June....[more]