Surveys of the student experience
The ITL administers surveys of the student experience at three levels:
- The degree or course level;
- Current students (UES or SREQ)
- Recent graduates (AGS which includes the GDS and either the CEQ or PREQ)
- The unit of study level (USS); and
- The individual teacher level (FFT).
Please contact the relevant member of the ITL Surveys Team if you have any queries about student experience surveys.
Evaluation of teaching and learning
One of the ways we evaluate teaching and learning at Sydney is via surveys of the student experience. In addition to gathering and using student evaluation data, peer evaluation and self evaluation are also important practices for university teachers. Resources to support peer and self evaluation of your teaching can be found in:
- The ITL’s Teaching Insights;
- The University’s promotions guidelines; and
- The ITL’s academic promotions resources.
Curriculum review and course evaluation
The ITL provides the University with consultative support in curriculum reviews, course evaluations (including preparation for accreditation), and the evaluation of educational innovations. Student experience survey results form one possible source of information in curriculum evaluation.